1st SADC SACCO Managers Forum 2016
About the forum
- Steering committee members / SACCO formation committee members
- Strategic partners and Stakeholders
- Government officials
THE SADC SACCO Managers Forum is open to other non-financial cooperatives, small to medium enterprises (SMEs) to the extent that it deals with cross-cutting issues relevant to SMES or cooperatives in general
The SADC SACCO Managers Forum is hosted on a rotational basis in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) countries which is a Regional Economic Community comprising of 16 Member States (at the time of writing), namely; Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Objectives of the Forum
Include but are not limited to:
- ensure growth of efficient SACCOs as the lifeblood and heart beat of the cooperative ecosystem in the region
- activate and invigorate national forums or roundtables for SACCO executives and officers that integrates into the regional forum
- improve the performance of SACCO Managers and their SACCOs by professionalizing the practice.
- share experiences and ideas to help grow SACCOs in the SADC Region and beyond
- provide a forum for networking and SACCO synergies in the SADC Region
- converge regional efforts towards a SACCOs Centre of Excellence in line with the SADC Protocol on Cooperation in Education and Training
- be an extension service for cascading down to the masses lessons learnt from high profile programs, (hitherto inaccessible to the SACCO masses at the grassroots that miss these opportunities due to different reasons. (For example, we can not all go to the world council conference or the continental congress, but those who manage to go can come back and pass on whatever they learn from there in our regional forums or local roundtables)